Thursday, October 9, 2008

6 Quirky things about me!




Okay, I don't have a picture folder yet, haven't figured that part out yet. So I dug in my pic box of old photos before digital cameras, and I found these. I can't believe how skinny we both were!! Israel ane I were only five lbs different when we were married in 1999. Wow, what I would give to get back into those jeans!!!
Anyway, here goes.
6 Quirks
1. I have to color code my skittles before I eat them. I refuse to eat the green and purple ones. The green ones taste like Pinesol. Israel says they all taste the same. NO WAY!
2. I have to sleep with my feet hanging off the bed, and no top sheet. I have to have my own fleece blanket to curl up with. Yes, Israel has to have his own too, because I won't share.
3. I just recently was able to use the restroom in a public place. When I was in highschool my friend would stand guard outside the door to make sure no one would come in while I was going pody, and that was only pee. But still to this day I can't go #2 anywhere; I'll go on vacation for a week and not go until I get home. Maybe too much info. but I'ts a weird one.
4. If I'm bare foot and not walking on carpet, I have to walk on my tippy toes. I only want half of my feet to get dirty.
5. I love the smell of playdough. Every time my kids play with it, I have to sit there and smell it for a minute or two. I love it. I also like the smell of crayolla crayons.
6. I can't go to bed at a different time than my husband. I tell him when it's bedtime. haha If he wants to stay awake, I can't fall asleep until he is in bed. Weird, because I sleep great when he's gone fifteen days a month for 24 hours?????
Okay, Kristine, Amanda, Alisa, Mellisa B., Jenny, and Lindsay.
If you've already been tagged. Sorry, disregard. I don't know many people who blog. Now if it was myspace, thats a different story.
Have fun!! This is so fun to hear everyone stories.

6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

That bathroom one is funny! I've heard about the #2 problem from people before but never #1. I so love when people share too much information on the blog. I think they are funnier to read! Cute pics! You both look incredibly young!

Laura H said...

I agree with bathroom #2. Thats why we bought a trailer.

Unknown said...

Ha, I love all your quirks! I too don't like being barefoot outside and will try and jump to the grass or a spot where its wet allowing my feet to stay dirt free! anyhow, love the quirks. P.S. you are crazy holding your poop for a week if on vaca. ha ha ha!

Lindsey said...

I always want Randy go to bed at the same time I do. He teases me all the time. He will say "1,2,3, close your eyes."

Nicole said...

I grocery shopped on Saturday and the stuff to do meatballs! I'll let you know how it goes. Probably Friday or Saturday.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Not sure if the "Kristine" is me, but I'll respond. Sorry, it's been so long. Life's been crazy and I haven't check others blogs in a LONG time. I'm trying to do better. ha ha

This post was VERY funny! I love your quirks. Good ones. I always have sweaty feet (too many sweat glands in my hands and feet. Not sure if you remember my sweaty hands. LOL), so I always wear socks! Even in the summer. I HATE when my feet are sweaty and get dirty. Especially when they collect hair from the ground. I'm sure you have the "hair" problem, like we have, having so many girls. LOL The hair can wrap good around your toes. :)

Also, I have a similar "quirk" with candy. I have to eat matching colors. I can't eat and orange with a yellow. No way! I eat all my least favorites first, and save the purples and reds for the ends. This goes for all candy. M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, and so on. Too funny! I knew we were a like. :)

My Blog List

Lindsay Robbins

Kristine Vanbuskirk and Family

Jenny and Kevin Larson

Maridee and Randy Turner

Amanda and Jared Mason

Nicole and Alan Cav

Alisa and Luke Lund

Melissa and Wing Butler

Liz and Jess Prisbrey

About Me

My photo
I graduated in 1995, married in 1999. I am married to the sweetest most caring man in the world, this year will be nine years of marriage!! I have five children, yes five! Madison who will be 8 in Nov. Brooklyn who will be 6 in Sept. Sariah just turned 4, Chloe is 2, and little David is 4 mo. already! We love to travel and be together as a family.